Bill is a Chicago-based artist who creates custom-designed and hand-built furniture and accessories. He prides himself on involving clients as much as possible throughout the design process to make unique pieces unlike anything found in retail establishments.
- Millersville University - B.A. in Psychology
- Columbia College-Chicago - Photography & Darkroom Courses
Furniture design and fabrication, woodworking, studio photography
Areas of focus:
Mid-century through Modern furniture design and fabrication
- Central Street Arts Walk, Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL - 2018
- "Creative Furnishings 2, A Collection from Chicago Designers + Makers," Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL - 2017-2018
- Winter Arts + Crafts Expo, Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL - 2015-2017
- The Distinctive Furniture Show, Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL - 2012
Other interests and inspirations:
Music and movies of all kinds, digital photography, cooking
Tor Faegre Memorial Bench Commission, Ryerson Woods, Deerfield, IL - 2010
Bill's teaching style
He emphasizes safety in the workplace first and foremost. He teaches students the fine art of woodworking, combining techniques and aesthetics of working with wood.
Bill loves EAC because . . .
Over the past two years he has had the pleasure of teaching and working with students with a variety of skills, techniques, and unique projects. Watching them develop as woodworkers and seeing their projects come to fruition is the most rewarding part of teaching at the Evanston Art Center.