EAC Summer Camp 2019
As part of the Evanston Art Center (EAC) Youth Fine Art (YFA) team, the Teaching Assistant (TA) plays an integral role in helping summer camps and programs run as efficiently as possible. We are looking for energetic, adaptable, self-starters to assist our teaching artists in facilitating educational and engaging art activities for our campers. TA’s are assigned to one camp and teacher per week, and report to the YFA Coordinator and the Director of Education. Summer Camp 2019 runs for 12 weeks beginning June 4, 2019.
TA’s are responsible:
- for assisting our YFA teaching artists in preparing materials for camps
- assisting in camper check-in and check-out each day
- maintaining organization of art supplies
- maintaining general cleanliness of classrooms
- cleaning art tools and classrooms at the end of each day
- assisting campers in executing art projects
- help manage classroom behavior
- ensuring safety of campers inside and outside on the Art Center.
TA’s are often juniors or seniors in high school or college students who:
- are comfortable working with children ages 4-14, and who have demonstrated previous experience working with or chaperoning children younger than age 12
- have some familiarity with art-making and a willingness to learn
- must themselves be at least 15 years of age
- are able to work a MINIMUM of 8 full weeks (Monday through Friday) of morning or afternoon shifts during the summer
- TA’s are independent contractors paid hourly, working either morning shifts (8:30am to 12:30pm) or afternoon shifts (12-4pm) Monday-Friday.
- Each TA is expected to work 20 hours a week, for a minimum of 8 weeks.
Send a resume and 2-3 sentences explaining your interest in the position in the email body to Director of Education Christena Gunther CGunther@evanstonartcenter.orgwith “Summer Camp TA” in the subject line. No phone calls please.