Tracy is a seasoned interdisciplinary artist with a focus on painting. Her work is most associated with representing an everyday genre, from exploring the mundane aspects of daily life to the extraordinary events that we all can identify with. She and her family currently reside and work on the West Side of Chicago in the East Garfield Park neighborhood.
- Webster University - B.F.A.
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Post Baccalaureate
Oil painting, acrylic painting, drawing, sculpture
Areas of focus:
- "New Work", One River, Chicago, IL - 2019
- "The Evanston Vicinity Biennial", Evanston, IL - 2019
- "The Other Art Fair", Mana Contemporary, Chicago, IL - 2018
- "Figure This", Five Points Gallery, Torrington, CT - 2017
- "Art Bazaar Jakarta," GIAC- Praksis, Jakarta, Indonesia - 2016
Other interests and inspirations:
Tracy's upbringing in a rural area and the women in her family inspire her the most. People in general are often subjects of her work.
Tracy's teaching style:
Her goal is to guide students to find their own style and process of art making through instilling confidence, self-awareness, and knowledge of materials and their benefits. She values the student-teacher interaction and how it allows each student to flourish in their own creative way.
Tracy loves EAC because . . .
She enjoys both its students and its staff.