Millicent is an Evanston-based artist from Mississippi that works primarily in screen print, woodcut, fiber arts, and drawing for her installation-based work. Much of her imagery is pulled from family lore and personal history growing up in the south.
- Northeastern Illinois University ÔÇô B.A.
- Northern Illinois University ÔÇô M.F.A. in Museum Studies
Printmaking, embroidery, upholstery, drawing
- ÔÇ£Topographical Anatomy of the Domestic,ÔÇØ 214 Gallery, DeKalb, IL ÔÇô 2018.
- ÔÇ£Nitty-Gritty,ÔÇØ ARC Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2018.
- ÔÇ£Bad Editions,ÔÇØ Waubonsee Community College Arrowhead Room Gallery, Sugar Grove, IL ÔÇô 2018.
- ÔÇ£The Trace of an Echo,ÔÇØ Collaboration with Rachelle Hill, Fine Art Center Gallery Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2016
Other interests and inspirations:
Curation and museums, history, reading
MillicentÔÇÖs teaching style:
She values accomplishing studentsÔÇÖ visions and expanding their ideas of what print, books, and fiber can be.
Millicent loves EAC because . . .
It attracts diverse students from a variety of backgrounds.