Stephanie creates one-of-a-kind jewelry and sculpture inspired by the ocean and its inhabitants. She has taught techniques in jewelry and metal arts throughout the Midwest.
- Savannah College of Art and Design ÔÇô B.F.A. in Metals and Jewelry
- University of Iowa ÔÇô M.F.A in Jewelry and Metal Arts
- University of Iowa ÔÇô Certificate in Book Arts
Metal, silicone, plastic, paper
Areas of focus:
Jewelry, sculpture, body adornment
- ÔÇ£The Fourth Iowa Metals Guild Exhibition,ÔÇØ Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Cedar Rapids, IA ÔÇô 2016-2017
- ÔÇ£Jewelry and Metal Works,ÔÇØ Fairfield Art Association Gallery, Fairfield, IA ÔÇô 2016
- ÔÇ£(Self) Preservation: MFA Solo Exhibition,ÔÇØ Levitt Gallery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA ÔÇô 2016
- ÔÇ£Metal Extinction: Using Metal to Honor and Make Permanent our Vanishing World,ÔÇØ Saddleback College Gallery, Mission Viejo, CA ÔÇô 2014
- ÔÇ£The Brooch Show,ÔÇØ Racine Arts Council, Racine, WI ÔÇô 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Bookmaking, fiber arts, moldmaking
StephanieÔÇÖs teaching style:
She emphasizes craftsmanship and creativity, valuing studentsÔÇÖ creative freedom and expression.
Stephanie loves EAC because . . .
Everyone is so eager to learn and experiment with new techniques. What makes the EAC experience so unique is the willingness to share thoughts openly and help each other grow as artists.