Stephanie creates one-of-a-kind jewelry and sculpture inspired by the ocean and its inhabitants. She has taught techniques in jewelry and metal arts throughout the Midwest.
- Savannah College of Art and Design – B.F.A. in Metals and Jewelry
- University of Iowa – M.F.A in Jewelry and Metal Arts
- University of Iowa – Certificate in Book Arts
Metal, silicone, plastic, paper
Areas of focus:
Jewelry, sculpture, body adornment
- “The Fourth Iowa Metals Guild Exhibition,” Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Cedar Rapids, IA – 2016-2017
- “Jewelry and Metal Works,” Fairfield Art Association Gallery, Fairfield, IA – 2016
- “(Self) Preservation: MFA Solo Exhibition,” Levitt Gallery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA – 2016
- “Metal Extinction: Using Metal to Honor and Make Permanent our Vanishing World,” Saddleback College Gallery, Mission Viejo, CA – 2014
- “The Brooch Show,” Racine Arts Council, Racine, WI – 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Bookmaking, fiber arts, moldmaking
Stephanie’s teaching style:
She emphasizes craftsmanship and creativity, valuing students’ creative freedom and expression.
Stephanie loves EAC because . . .
Everyone is so eager to learn and experiment with new techniques. What makes the EAC experience so unique is the willingness to share thoughts openly and help each other grow as artists.