Roberta is an artist who continually searches for beauty. She has been teaching children through adults about art and beauty for the past 20 years.
- American Academy of Art – B.F.A. in Oil Painting
- Northeastern Illinois University – B.Mus. in Vocal Performance
Encaustic, acrylics, oil, charcoal
Areas of focus:
Portrait painting, abstract expressionism
- 900 N. Chicago Building, Evanston, IL – 2010
- Saint Xavier University, Chicago, IL – 2009
- Solo show, Morton College, Berwyn, IL – 2007
- Two-person show, Kishwaukee College, Malta, IL – 2006
- Solo show, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL – 2005
Other interests and inspirations:
She is a professional Jazz singer, writer, monologist, and producer of 2 shows in Chicago.
- “Find Magic & Music in Roberta Miles' Art,” Wednesday Journal – September 2005
- “Transformation in the Art of Roberta Miles & Vivian Nunley,” YOGAChicago – May/June 2004
Roberta’s teaching style:
She values beauty, self-expression and fun. It is important for her to create environments that support good communication. Children are her valued partners in life.
Roberta loves EAC because . . .
Its teachers make it unique!