Yoonshin works with sculptural papers, artist books, and installation. Her interest in comprehensive process of paper making and book binding caters her work to encompass various elements woven into complete objects.
- Columbia College-Chicago – M.A.
- Columbia College-Chicago – M.F.A.
Papermaking, bookbinding, artist books, installation
- “Increment,” Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art, Chicago, IL – 2018
- “Material Matters,” Veeck Gallery at the Catholic Theological Union, Chicago, IL – 2018
- “Front & Center,” Hyde Park Art Center, Chicago, IL – 2017
- “Paper Arts,” Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL – 2017
- “Tied & Remnants,” Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL – 2016
Other interests and inspirations:
Yoonshin’s teaching style:
She emphasizes close observation, sharing various ways of transforming ideas, and bringing out makers’ unique voices.
Yoonshin loves EAC because . . .
The enthusiasm and openness of the students are impressive and inspiring. Most students came in with various (career) backgrounds, and their contributions to the class have been precious.