Alex is a cartoonist, performance artist, and teacher. They love translating stories from their daily life into strange diagrams, tactile comics, and audience interactive experiences.
The School of the Art Institute – B.F.A.
Pencil, ink, collage, performance, sculpture, oil painting
Areas of focus:
Comics, illustration, storytelling, artist’s books, conceptual art
- “No Bad Days,” Oomphotography, Chicago, IL – 2018
- “Grood ACTual Show 7,” Canvas, Chicago, IL – 2017
- “Anything That Loves,” Studio 180, Ontario, Canada – 2014
- “Superheroines,” Werkspace, Chicago, IL – 2014
- “Sun Protection Factor,” North Branch Projects, Chicago, IL – 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Theatre, dance, entomology, videogames
- Anything That Loves, pub. Northwest Press
- Cicada Magazine
Alex’s teaching style:
Alex is passionate about teaching students different ways to express their ideas, explore their identities, and build community through art. No story is too small – there is power in letting your voice be heard!
Alex loves EAC because . . .
It offers a unique selection of classes that you’re unlikely to find anywhere else. No interest is too obscure for EAC – if you’re excited about it, you can take a class in it here!