Alex is a cartoonist, performance artist, and teacher. They love translating stories from their daily life into strange diagrams, tactile comics, and audience interactive experiences.
The School of the Art Institute - B.F.A.
Pencil, ink, collage, performance, sculpture, oil painting
Areas of focus:
Comics, illustration, storytelling, artist's books, conceptual art
- "No Bad Days," Oomphotography, Chicago, IL - 2018
- "Grood ACTual Show 7," Canvas, Chicago, IL - 2017
- "Anything That Loves," Studio 180, Ontario, Canada - 2014
- "Superheroines," Werkspace, Chicago, IL - 2014
- "Sun Protection Factor," North Branch Projects, Chicago, IL - 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Theatre, dance, entomology, videogames
- Anything That Loves, pub. Northwest Press
- Cicada Magazine
Alex's teaching style:
Alex is passionate about teaching students different ways to express their ideas, explore their identities, and build community through art. No story is too small there is power in letting your voice be heard!
Alex loves EAC because . . .
It offers a unique selection of classes that you're unlikely to find anywhere else. No interest is too obscure for EAC, if you're excited about it, you can take a class in it here!