Vivian is an artist and art instructor currently teaching at the Evanston Art Center and the North Park University. She has also taught at Governors State University as a part-time faculty member. Vivian makes mixed media sculptural artworks.
- Washington University – M.F.A. in Visual Art
- University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign – B.F.A. in Painting & Sculpture
Sculpture, mixed media, drawing, painting
Areas of focus:
Contemporary art and sculpture
- "Quilt: Art Faculty Exhibition, Carlson Tower Gallery at North Park University," Chicago, Illinois 2020
- "Evanston Art Center Faculty Exhibition," Evanston Art Center, Evanston, Illinois 2020
- "Impact Color Impact Black and White," Highland Park Art Center: Highland Park, Illinois 2019
Other interests and inspirations:
Vivian enjoys looking at art and learning about the inspirations of other artists. She particularly appreciates artists who explore the relationship between human culture and the natural world.
Vivian’s teaching style:
She emphasizes both observational and hands on teaching methods to promote technical skills. She is approachable and detail oriented, and she develops informative courses that promote technical knowledge, art appreciation, and individual growth.
Vivian loves EAC because . . .
It offers great facilities to support creative growth. Diverse students of varying age groups can come to learn in this welcoming and well-equipped space.