Sarah is an oil painter who works representationally, but also blends fantasy with reality. Her main focus is on the figure, birds, and the landscape. Her studio is located in the Noyes Cultural Arts Center in Evanston.
- University of Chicago ÔÇô M.F.A.
- Colorado State University ÔÇô B.F.A.
Oil paint, pastel, watercolors
Areas of focus:
Realism and surrealism painting, figurative drawing
- ÔÇ£Seeing the Light,ÔÇØ Leslie Wolfe Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2017
- ÔÇ£Boundaries,ÔÇØ MLG Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2016
- Rockford Biennial, IL ÔÇô 2015
Other interests and inspirations:
Running, traveling, birding
Studio Visit Magazine, vol. 40 ÔÇô 2018
SarahÔÇÖs teaching style:
She emphasizes process above product, showing students how to tap into the meditative and therapeutic aspects of artmaking. Students learn concrete skills as well as how the process of artmaking is beneficial to their well-being.
Sarah loves EAC because . . .
Students get opportunities to exhibit their work in the galleries, and the community atmosphere is welcoming.