Nina is a professional artist and educator with over 35 years of experience who has taught at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and Columbia College Chicago. She also has three instructional drawing & painting videos, and her art can be seen in films & television.
- University of Wisconsin, Madison - graduate work, teaching certification
- Tyler School of Art - B.F.A.
- Rhode Island School of Design - pre-college
Oil and acrylic, colored pencil and ink on paper
Areas of focus:
Landscape painting and drawing
- Annual Living Mark Exhibition, Verum Ultimum Gallery. Portland, OR - 2017
- Landscape/Vision/Interpretation, State Street Gallery, Robert Morris University, Chicago, IL - 2016
- Nina Weiss: Prairies Views, Union League Club, Chicago, IL - 2015
- Nuances of Landscape, Koehnline Art Museum, Oakton College, Des Plaines, IL - 2013
- Emotions of Color, Nina Weiss & Elisa Boughner, The Art Center, Highland Park, IL - 2013
Other interests and inspirations:
She enjoys bicycling and traveling to Europe every summer to teach in Italy, France, and Ireland.
- Rooney, Ashley, Artists Homes & Studios, Schiffer Publishing - 2015
- Rooney, Ashley, 100 Artists of the Midwest, Schiffer Publishing
- Lauerman, Connie, Artist's Work Gets Role of a Lifetime, Chicago Tribune, Womannews
Nina's teaching style:
She works with students individually to guide them towards self-expression based on the formal aspects of painting, with emphasis on complex color, gesture, and form. She enjoys helping students learn solid foundations upon which to grow their creativity.
Nina loves EAC because . . .
She has been teaching there for over 20 years and has always been thrilled to share the students' passion and desire to create and learn.