Linny is an artist and designer of paintings on silk fabrics; woodblock, collagraph and monotype prints; painted silk fashion accessories for women; and public art pieces. In addition to her teaching, she participates in many art events, art shows and public art displays in the Chicagoland area.
- Kansas City Art Institute - B.F.A.
- Kendall College of Art and Design - B.F.A.
Silk painting, printmaking, watercolors
Areas of focus:
Modern painting and printmaking, representational watercolor
- Musicality Exhibition, The Art Center, Highland Park, IL - 2018
- Summer Group Show, Vale Craft Gallery, Chicago, IL - 2018
- "Art in City Hall," City Hall, Highland Park, IL - 2018
- "Fine Art of Fiber," Chicago Botanic Gardens, Glencoe, IL - 2016 "Voices and Visions," The Art Center, Highland Park, IL - 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
She is inspired by many different aspects of nature, travel and musical events.
- East on Central - 2014-2018
- Psychology Today - 2017
- New England Review - 2015
Linny's teaching style:
She works on teaching various fundamental art skills and techniques with her students. It's most important to her that each person finds their own unique path to artistic expression. She likes to keep a focused, creative and relaxing atmosphere in all of her classes.
Linny loves EAC because . . .
It is always sponsoring a show or gallery event, making it a vibrant and stimulating place to be in. She also loves the bright and spacious rooms for doing artwork. Students have a wonderful opportunity to show their work in the hallways throughout the year.