Leslie is a full-time artist and teacher currently living in Racine, Wisconsin, where she maintains a home studio. She is faculty and coordinator of the jewelry department at the Evanston Art Center and an adjunct professor teaching jewelry at the College of Lake County. She also teaches workshops in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Purdue University ÔÇô B.A.
- Savannah College of Art and Design ÔÇô M.A.
Metals and jewelry, vitreous enamel
- ÔÇ£Halsted Design Challenge,ÔÇØ Rhino Contemporary Crafts Gallery, New Orleans, LA ÔÇô 2017
- ÔÇ£Alchemy 2: A Global Vision for Enamel,ÔÇØ EnamelistsÔÇÖ Society, Cincinnati, OH ÔÇô 2013
- ÔÇ£All About Me,ÔÇØ ÔÇ£Creature Comforts,ÔÇØ Racine Art Museum, Racine, WI ÔÇô 2009, 2012
Other interests and inspirations:
Laser and 3D printing, color, found objects (especially computer components)
ÔÇ£Anatomy of a Brooch: The Halsted Challenge,ÔÇØ Facet Jewelry ÔÇô 2017
LeslieÔÇÖs teaching style:
She has over 20 years of teaching experience and is a charismatic and effective teacher who encourages skill building and exploration of the medium.
Leslie loves EAC because . . .
It is a great place to learn jewelry, from the excellent teachers to the well-equipped studios and extra studio time available to hone oneÔÇÖs craft.