Jill is an artist from Columbus, Ohio who has been living and working in Chicago for 20 years. Her work has been exhibited extensively throughout the Chicago area and is included in many collections.
- California College of the Arts-San Francisco ÔÇô M.F.A. in Painting/Drawing
- Washington University-St. Louis ÔÇô B.F.A. in Painting
Oil paint, pastels, pencils, charcoal
- ÔÇ£Through the Lens of Wright,ÔÇØ Oak Park Art League, Oak Park, IL ÔÇô 2017
- 2nd Annual Art Competition, Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2014
- ÔÇ£Blur,ÔÇØ Park Shrek Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2011
- Solo Exhibition, University Club of Chicago, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2010
- ÔÇ£Calling Time,ÔÇØ Melanee Cooper Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2009
Other interests and inspirations:
Jill is inspired by her family, as well as books, music, light, the lake, photography, silence, voices, and many other things.
JillÔÇÖs teaching style:
She believes in a strong foundation, with emphasis on the fundamentals of painting and drawing. Each week she adds skills to further the ability to communicate visually, bringing in examples of artist works that exemplify concepts, and she encourages dialogue between students.
Jill loves EAC because . . .
Her experience with students throughout the many years she has taught has been wonderful. Each class brings its own wildly different energy, and she enjoys the progression and complexity shift of her studentsÔÇÖ works over time.