Sandra is a classically trained versatile artist whose artworks are inspired by nature, art materials and intellectual curiosity. Her practice spans from weekly figure drawing to painting in a variety of mediums. She shows in galleries throughout the Midwest, is in numerous corporate collections, and has received many commissions.
- Maryland Institute Graduate School of Painting - M.F.A.
- University of Redlands - B.A.
- New Trier West High School
Contemporary and traditional acrylics, drawing, watercolor, oil, painted sculpture
Areas of focus:
Contemporary figurative acrylics
- Chicago Inside Out, Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL - 2018
- Arts, The Art Center of Highland Park, Highland Park, IL - 2018
- Transmogrification, Elmhurst Art Center, Elmhurst, IL - 2017
- ArtPrize, Grand Rapids, MI - 2014-2017
- Chicago Tree Project, Chicago Sculpture International, Chicago, IL - 2017-2018
Other interests and inspirations:
Murals and public art
Sandra' teaching style:
She teaches workshops throughout the Midwest on materials and painting techniques using a range of mediums and a variety of styles. She focuses on allowing students to explore processes.
Sandra loves EAC because . . .
It is openminded and emphasizes strong skill-based work. She enjoys the camaraderie and exposure to contemporary artwork through classes and exhibitions.