Sandra is a classically trained versatile artist whose artworks are inspired by nature, art materials and intellectual curiosity. Her practice spans from weekly figure drawing to painting in a variety of mediums. She shows in galleries throughout the Midwest, is in numerous corporate collections, and has received many commissions.
- Maryland Institute Graduate School of Painting – M.F.A.
- University of Redlands – B.A.
- New Trier West High School
Contemporary and traditional acrylics, drawing, watercolor, oil, painted sculpture
Areas of focus:
Contemporary figurative acrylics
- “Chicago Inside Out,” Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL – 2018
- “EcoArts,” The Art Center of Highland Park, Highland Park, IL – 2018
- “Transmogrification,” Elmhurst Art Center, Elmhurst, IL – 2017
- “ArtPrize,” Grand Rapids, MI – 2014-2017
- “Chicago Tree Project,” Chicago Sculpture International, Chicago, IL – 2017-2018
Other interests and inspirations:
Murals and public art
Sandra’s teaching style:
She teaches workshops throughout the Midwest on materials and painting techniques using a range of mediums and a variety of styles. She focuses on allowing students to explore processes.
Sandra loves EAC because . . .
It is openminded and emphasizes strong skill-based work. She enjoys the camaraderie and exposure to contemporary artwork through classes and exhibitions.