Darlys specializes in metal forming and patination techniques in her sculpture and objects. She lives and works in Chicago and teaches metalsmithing, design and patination nationally and internationally.
- Indiana University - M.F.A.
- Drake University - B.F.A.
Sculpture, metalsmithing, jewelry design and fabrication
- Recent Works, SOFA/Chicago, K. Allen Gallery, Chicago, IL - 2017
- Structure and Form, Gravers Lane Gallery, Philadelphia, PA - 2015
- Behold Modern Metal Vessels, Lillstreet Art Center, Chicago, IL - 2015
- Metalsmithing Today: The Vessel, Alden B. Dow Museum of Science and Art, Midland, MI - 2014
- On the Surface: Outward Appearances. Strohl Art Center, Chautauqua, NY - 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Traveling, gardening, enjoying the company of her two Papillon dogs
- Stankard, Paul, Studio Craft as Career
- Vessels, pub. Lark Books
- Runfola, Matthew, Patina
Darlys's teaching style:
She enjoys working individually with students, helping each develop their personal creative aspirations.
Darlys loves EAC because . . .
The students have a wide range of interests and backgrounds, and the interactions and discussions in class are enjoyable and informative for everyone.