Darlys specializes in metal forming and patination techniques in her sculpture and objects. She lives and works in Chicago and teaches metalsmithing, design and patination nationally and internationally.
- Indiana University – M.F.A.
- Drake University – B.F.A.
Sculpture, metalsmithing, jewelry design and fabrication
- “Recent Works,” SOFA/Chicago, K. Allen Gallery, Chicago, IL – 2017
- “Structure and Form,” Gravers Lane Gallery, Philadelphia, PA – 2015
- “Behold – Modern Metal Vessels,” Lillstreet Art Center, Chicago, IL – 2015
- “Metalsmithing Today: The Vessel,” Alden B. Dow Museum of Science and Art, Midland, MI – 2014
- “On the Surface: Outward Appearances.” Strohl Art Center, Chautauqua, NY – 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Traveling, gardening, enjoying the company of her two Papillon dogs
- Stankard, Paul, Studio Craft as Career
- Vessels, pub. Lark Books
- Runfola, Matthew, Patina
Darlys’s teaching style:
She enjoys working individually with students, helping each develop their personal creative aspirations.
Darlys loves EAC because . . .
The students have a wide range of interests and backgrounds, and the interactions and discussions in class are enjoyable and informative for everyone.