Darlys specializes in metal forming and patination techniques in her sculpture and objects. She lives and works in Chicago and teaches metalsmithing, design and patination nationally and internationally.
- Indiana University ÔÇô M.F.A.
- Drake University ÔÇô B.F.A.
Sculpture, metalsmithing, jewelry design and fabrication
- ÔÇ£Recent Works,ÔÇØ SOFA/Chicago, K. Allen Gallery, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2017
- ÔÇ£Structure and Form,ÔÇØ Gravers Lane Gallery, Philadelphia, PA ÔÇô 2015
- ÔÇ£Behold ÔÇô Modern Metal Vessels,ÔÇØ Lillstreet Art Center, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2015
- ÔÇ£Metalsmithing Today: The Vessel,ÔÇØ Alden B. Dow Museum of Science and Art, Midland, MI ÔÇô 2014
- ÔÇ£On the Surface: Outward Appearances.ÔÇØ Strohl Art Center, Chautauqua, NY ÔÇô 2014
Other interests and inspirations:
Traveling, gardening, enjoying the company of her two Papillon dogs
- Stankard, Paul, Studio Craft as Career
- Vessels, pub. Lark Books
- Runfola, Matthew, Patina
DarlysÔÇÖs teaching style:
She enjoys working individually with students, helping each develop their personal creative aspirations.
Darlys loves EAC because . . .
The students have a wide range of interests and backgrounds, and the interactions and discussions in class are enjoyable and informative for everyone.