Sculpt the facial features in bas-relief format using either self-hardening clay or oil-based clay. In this class the eye, ear, mouth and nose will get their time to shine. The focus for beginners will be on understanding the basic masses, planes, the anatomy of the underlying forms and surface treatment. More advanced students will be encouraged to try a range of styles, and individual characteristics. Stay safe at home using equipment you already have in your kitchen, desk drawer or tool box! Clay and firing available for an additional cost.
Skill Level: All Levels
- This interactive online class is presented via Zoom. Please download Zoom prior to your first class: www.zoom.us/download
- You will be emailed Zoom meeting instructions, including a unique URL and meeting ID, to join the class at least 1 day before the start of the class.
- Review the supply list posted. Students are responsible for purchasing all necessary supplies except where indicated.
- Many of the supply lists for specific EAC classes are available online at Blick U.
- Classes that do not meet enrollment minimums will be cancelled three days prior to the start of the class.
Your price, which appears in the box to the right, has been automatically calculated from the following levels:
- Regular Rate: $175.00
- Member Rate: $155.00
Except for the Independent Study Program, EAC membership is no longer required to take adult classes. EAC members receive a tuition discount on all adult classes, youth classes and workshops. A $75 Independent Study membership is required to participate in the Independent Study Program. The Evanston resident discount no longer applies.