Combine art and technology to create uniquely designed projects on the EAC laser cutter & engraver. Laser engraving takes advantage of a high-power laser to etch the surface and cut through a variety of materials. Learn how to use the laser engraver, design and prepare files for print, and have the opportunity to cut, etch and engrave your designs onto cardboard.
Campers will need access to a computer with the most updated version of Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator is available for a free trial for 7-days, or you may purchase Illustrator for $20.99/month.
The instructor will coordinate with campers to cut/engrave their designs on EAC’s laser. Caregivers will be contacted when the designs are printed, and they can come to the EAC for pick-up. The EAC is unable to ship the finished product.
- This interactive online class is presented via Zoom. Please download Zoom prior to your first class: www.zoom.us/download
- You will be emailed Zoom meeting instructions, including a unique URL and meeting ID, to join the class at least 1 day before the start of the class.
- Review the supply list posted. Students are responsible for purchasing all necessary supplies except where indicated.
- Many of the supply lists for specific EAC classes are available online at Blick U.
- Classes that do not meet enrollment minimums will be cancelled three days prior to the start of the class.
Your price, which appears in the box to the right, has been automatically calculated from the following levels:
- Regular Rate: $190.00
- Member Rate: $170.00
Except for the Independent Study Program, EAC membership is no longer required to take adult classes. EAC members receive a tuition discount on all adult classes, youth classes and workshops. A $75 Independent Study membership is required to participate in the Independent Study Program. The Evanston resident discount no longer applies.