Build a look that will be presented at the end-of-week fashion show. Explore key design concepts, basic hand-sewing techniques and how to express yourself through garment making. Practice repurposing, upcycling, embellishing, 2D design and 3D construction. Each camper will create an original, signature look to wear on the runway! No sewing machine necessary.
Campers will be introduced to new skills in the morning session (9-10:30am), receive instructions for a fun project to work on during the day by themselves (or with a friend, if they set up a separate video chat). They return to an afternoon session (2-3:30pm) to share what they made, ask questions, and continue on new projects.
Families and friends are invited on the Friday of camp at 4pm for an online fashion show. A Zoom meeting ID will be emailed to families on the Wednesday of camp.
- This interactive online class is presented via Zoom. Please download Zoom prior to your first class: www.zoom.us(link is external)/download
- You will be emailed Zoom meeting instructions, including a unique URL and meeting ID, to join the class at least 1 day before the start of the class.
- Review the supply list posted. Students are responsible for purchasing all necessary supplies except where indicated.
- Many of the supply lists for specific EAC classes are available online at Blick U(link is external).
- Classes that do not meet enrollment minimums will be cancelled three days prior to the start of the class.
Your price, which appears in the box to the right, has been automatically calculated from the following levels:
- Regular Rate: $220.00
- Member Rate: $200.00
Except for the Independent Study Program, EAC membership is no longer required to take adult classes. EAC members receive a tuition discount on all adult classes, youth classes and workshops. A $75 Independent Study membership is required to participate in the Independent Study Program. The Evanston resident discount no longer applies.