Creating visual depth, texture, and movement are the guiding forces in Robin's encaustic work. She uses pure color combined with shape and form to create energy and motion on a flat surface.
- Endicott College - M.Ed. Arts and Learning
- Vanderbilt University - B.A.
Watercolor, encaustic painting, mixed media
Areas of focus:
Impressionistic landscape painting
- "Cultivation," OPEN Gallery, Arts of Life, Glenview, IL - 2018
- "Winter Salon," Chicago Art Source Gallery, Chicago, IL - 2017
- "Miniature Moments," Copley Society of Art, Boston, MA - 2016
- Studio Visit Magazine, vol. 38 - 2017
- Robertson, Linda, Embracing Encaustic, 3rd ed.
Robin's teaching style:
Each week she introduces a new technique using the encaustic medium. Students learn by hands-on experiences, exploring mixed media encaustic painting and finding what technique works best for their individual interests.
Robin loves EAC because . . .
It provides a safe, un-intimidating environment allowing students to open themselves up to the learning process. The classes are small and providing individual attention is always a priority.