Liz is a full-time teacher by day and artist/entrepreneur all in between. Her artwork is more about technique than concept. She creates representational work focusing on textures, creases, highlights, and shadows.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – B.F.A.
- Trinity Christian College – M.A. in Special Education
Acrylic, charcoal, graphite
Areas of focus:
- Spring Thing Art Show, Greenleaf Art Center, Chicago, IL – 2019
- Resist 3 Art Show, Independent Media Center, Urbana, IL – 2019
- IHSAE 4th Annual Art Educator Show, Bridgeport Art Center, Chicago, IL - 2018
Other interests and inspirations:
Sharing her love of art is Liz’s ultimate passion. Outside of teaching at EAC, she also hosts private paint parties and craft events.
Liz’s teaching style:
She values exploration with her students. She likes to balance explanation with actual practice to allow time for students to discover how materials work.
Liz loves EAC because . . .
She enjoys the range of skill levels and life experiences that students bring. The Art Center is unique for students because teachers mold classes to fit the students they have, ensuring a personalized experience for everyone.