Julia has explored bodies in movement in her paintings as well as an abstract approach to representing natural spaces and atmosphere. Her work is in many private and corporate collections. She paints in her Highland Park studio.
Washington University in St. Louis – B.F.A.
Oil painting, acrylic painting, drawing
Areas of focus:
Figure painting, abstract painting
- "Perspectives: Group Show", Hofheimer Gallery, Chicago, IL – 2018
- "En Route: Solo Show", Addington Gallery, Chicago, IL – 2016
- "Group Show", Sloane Merrill Gallery, Boston, MA – 2015
- "Group Show", Azart Gallery, New York, NY – 2015
- "The Heart of America", U.S. Embassy in Republic of Georgia – 2015-2018
Other interests and inspirations:
Julia is inspired by family and friends as well as a practice of yoga and qi gong.
Art and Antiques Magazine, painting "Capacity" highlighted in May 2015 issue.
Julia’s teaching style:
Julia encourages students to take risks in their art practice while increasing their awareness of formal principles of art.
Julia loves EAC because . . .
She appreciates the years she spent taking classes there, from 1996 to 2002. The time spent at EAC learning from some great instructors gave her the confidence to begin exhibiting her work in galleries.