Jordan is an award-winning Chicago-based artist and photographer who also teaches photography at Robert Morris University in Chicago. His mixed-media postage stamp artwork is inspired by theories of the collective unconscious and his 35 years of traditional martial arts training.
- Chicago Photography Academy – Certificate
- Indiana University – B.A. in Religious Studies
Fine art photography, mixed media collage and painting
Areas of focus:
Contemporary photography, architectural photography, street photography, documentary photography, geometric abstraction, pattern-field abstraction
- “Jordan Scott – Mandala,” Artspace 8 Gallery, Chicago, IL – 2019
- “Oblique - Photographs by Jordan Scott,” South Suburban College, South Holland, IL – 2019
- “Vortex Series,” Evanston Art Center, Evanston, IL – 2019
- “Oblique - Streetscapes of Chicago,” 1100 Florence Gallery, Evanston, IL – 2019
Other interests and inspirations:
Reading, writing, road trips
- Profile/interview of Featured Artist, ACS Magazine – 2016
- “Unconventional Postage, The Work of Artist Jordan Scott,” Chicago Scene – 2016
- Cover and Article, Italia Arte – 2015
- Article/Interview, United States Postal Service: USPSStamps.com – 2014
- “A Postal Approach to Abstraction,” review, Hyperallergic – 2014
Jordan’s teaching style:
He emphasizes the fundamentals of exposure and traditional photography which are applicable to both digital and film. He uses a layered approach to his teaching, reinforcing and building on techniques every week.
Jordan loves EAC because . . .
He enjoys working with Paula and the staff and has loved seeing EAC grow and move to its new beautiful home on Central Street.