Jiaqi is an artist and creative technologist who creates interactive installations and gamified experiences. She uses technology tools as a means of communication with her audience.
- The School of the Art Institute of Chicago – M.F.A. in Art and Technology Studies
- Shanghai Ocean University – B.A. in English Studies
Digital art, interactive art, game design
Areas of focus:
Digital fabrication – laser cutting, 3D printing
- “Over the Structures,” CICA Museum, Gyeonggi-do, Korea – 2020
- “Open Space,” ICOSA Collective, Austin, TX – 2019
- “L.A.S.T Festival,” SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, San Francisco, CA – 2018
Other interests and inspirations:
Reading, learning, making
Jiaqi’s teaching style:
Her teaching philosophy focuses on the process of learning and making. Her goal is to promote the desire in her students to independently seek learning opportunities and develop their own methods by sharing techniques and encouraging and challenging students with trying new concepts.
Jiaqi loves EAC because . . .
She enjoys the supportive community, which gives teaching artists full freedom in designing creative course ideas and provides students with a safe and resourceful learning environment.