Fiona is a fine artist and art teacher, painting flora, landscapes, still life and portraits. She has exhibited in galleries, taught art to adults and children, and worked by commission for several decades.
- The University of Sydney - B.A. in Arts and Sciences; M.A. in History
- The University of Southern Queensland - partial B.A. in English Literature, Modern History, Education
- Meadowbank TAFE - Art Diploma courses
Oil, watercolor, and acrylic paint, soft pastels, mixed media, charcoal, pen and ink
Areas of focus:
Painterly realistic painting, realistic and semi-abstract drawing, realistic and semi-abstract mixed media
- Australian Flora & More, The Milk Factory Gallery, Bowral, NSW, Australia - 2017
- Chicago Florals, Groshek Gallery, Chicago, IL - 2017
- Florals, REDSEA Gallery, Brisbane, QLD, Australia - 2016
- Floressence, Wentworth Galleries, Sydney, NSW, Australia - 2016
- Landscapes & Flora, Wentworth Galleries, Sydney, NSW, Australia - 2012
Other interests and inspirations:
Travel for curiosity and inspiration, music and literature, cats
- American Art Collector, Vol. 107 - September 2014
- Australian Artist - 1988
Fiona's teaching style:
As well as technical, academic aspects and observation of the subject, she emphasizes enjoyment of the art-making processes and the individual development of personal style. She nurtures positive attitudes and provides specific individual assistance according to each student's progress and concerns in a sensitive, constructive manner.
Fiona loves EAC because . . .
She enjoys the professionalism of the administrators, the clean, light and spacious studios, and the friendly atmosphere. Students have studio space, light and comfort (including disabled access), in an environment that is welcoming and attractively adorned with year-round art displays as well as the benefits and security of highly professional teaching and administration staff.