Didier has been a professional artist for the past forty years and has been affiliated with the Chicago art scene since 1983. His work is represented in numerous museums and corporate and private collections throughout the United States and Europe. He maintains a studio in Bridgeport and continues to exhibit frequently all over the Chicago area.
Ecole Nationale Superiure des Beaux-Arts - Diplome Superieur d'Art Plastique
Oil and acrylic painting, oil and soft pastel, drawing
Areas of focus:
Large scale imaginary landscape painting, contemporary romantic realism
- "Journey Through Dreams," Addington Gallery, Chicago IL - 2017 "Time Freeze," Robert Morris University, Chicago, IL - 2011
- Marilyn Pearl Gallery, New York, NY - 1992
- "Dreams of a Man Awake," Chicago Cultural Center/Rockford Art Museum, Rockford, IL - 1990-1991
Other interests and inspirations:
Cooking, BBQ, gardening
- Flynn, Carol, "Lighthouses on Mag Mile Shine for Charitable Effort," Beverly Review - July 24, 2018
- Gordon, Hayward, Art and the Gardener; Fine Paintings as Inspiration for Garden Design, pub. Gibbs Smith - 2008
- Artner, Alan, "Nolet's Landscapes Map is Emotions," Chicago Tribune - December 2001
Didier's teaching style:
He adapts his one-on-one teaching approach according to each student's personality and need. He guides the technique of students and is particularly interested when students put their soul into their work.
Didier loves EAC because . . .
It has an energy and freshness not experienced anywhere else. The staff and administration are easy to communicate with, and the faculty are very well qualified. It is always a great pleasure to teach there.