Didier has been a professional artist for the past forty years and has been affiliated with the Chicago art scene since 1983. His work is represented in numerous museums and corporate and private collections throughout the United States and Europe. He maintains a studio in Bridgeport and continues to exhibit frequently all over the Chicago area.
Ecole Nationale Superiure des Beaux-Arts ÔÇô Diplome Superieur d'Art Plastique
Oil and acrylic painting, oil and soft pastel, drawing
Areas of focus:
Large scale imaginary landscape painting, contemporary romantic realism
- "Journey Through Dreams," Addington Gallery, Chicago IL ÔÇô 2017 "Time Freeze," Robert Morris University, Chicago, IL ÔÇô 2011
- Marilyn Pearl Gallery, New York, NY ÔÇô 1992
- "Dreams of a Man Awake," Chicago Cultural Center/Rockford Art Museum, Rockford, IL ÔÇô 1990-1991
Other interests and inspirations:
Cooking, BBQ, gardening
- Flynn, Carol, ÔÇ£Lighthouses on Mag Mile Shine for Charitable Effort,ÔÇØ Beverly Review ÔÇô July 24, 2018
- Gordon, Hayward, Art and the Gardener; Fine Paintings as Inspiration for Garden Design, pub. Gibbs Smith ÔÇô 2008
- Artner, Alan, ÔÇ£NoletÔÇÖs Landscapes Map is Emotions,ÔÇØ Chicago Tribune ÔÇô December 2001
DidierÔÇÖs teaching style:
He adapts his one-on-one teaching approach according to each studentÔÇÖs personality and need. He guides the technique of students and is particularly interested when students put their soul into their work.
Didier loves EAC because . . .
It has an energy and freshness not experienced anywhere else. The staff and administration are easy to communicate with, and the faculty are very well qualified. It is always a great pleasure to teach there.