Born in New York and raised in Philadelphia, Dan comes from a family of visual artists. He relocated to Chicago to start a family and prospered in a marketing career after attending the Tyler School of Art. His studio practice intensified in recent years and focuses on abstraction, emphasizing a wide range of material exploration. Dan's influences continue to include the work of the Old Masters, Abstract Expressionists, and his contemporaries.
Tyler School of Art - B.F.A. in Painting with minors in Art History and Sociology
Oil, collage, sculpture
- "Mere Anarchy," Solo Show, The Art House Gallery, Chicago, IL - 2019
- "RAW/Refined," Group Show, Tall Grass Arts Association, Park Forest, IL - 2019
- "Ann Metzger National Biennial," Group Show, St. Louis Artists, Guild, Clayton, MO - 2019
- "FORMATION," Group Show, The Art House, Chicago, IL - 2015
Other interests and inspirations:
Dan is inspired by sculpture and artists who use nature and the natural world as an element or setting.
- ArtTREASURY Feature, Art Ascent Magazine - January 2019
- FORMATION Review, Art Diversions - July 2018
Dan's teaching style:
He believes fun and creativity go and hand in hand and encourages students to enjoy their creative spirit and make something every day. Dan emphasizes to his students that not everything they make is precious, and that experimentation without fear can lead students to new and unexpected places with their artistic practice.
Dan loves EAC because . . .
He enjoys the variety of the students in each class, and how everyone works together and shares their personal experiences.